3V Sigma is a world leading producer of advanced specialty chemicals that range from synthetic
polymers to organic chemistry molecules. Through a deep knowledge of chemistry, chemical
processes and final market applications we develop and produce chemicals that deliver the high
performances customers need. Continuous Innovation, sustained Quality and outstanding
Customer Support have been the key ingredients of our success for the last 60 years. We are an
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Industrial Hygiene Degree or EHS Certificate with at least 2 years Industrial/Chemical
manufacturing experience is PREFERED. 3 or more years of experience working in a
manufacturing environment with safety principles/practices/procedures, and occupational
policies/programs/procedures may be substituted for school education.
-Focus on OSHA Compliance and Risk Management Acitivties
Salary Range – 70,000 to 100,000
Essential Job Duties
- Provide technical and observational support to the Safety/Environmental department and
plant site, which includes administering and performing safety advisory and risk
prevention services in accordance with regulations/requirements such as OSHA, PSM,
EPA, DOT, and plant site policies
- Knowledge and Understanding of GHS and Pictograms
- Ensure training is delivered, as specified for new and existing employees on health and
safety policies, practices and standards.
- Perform fit testing and optical inserts of new and existing employees in accordance with
our Respiratory Protection policy. Maintain and track fit and optical insert data.
- Participate in and deliver contractor safety training.
- Assist the HR Department in implementation and enforcement of safety policies,
procedures, and standards.
- Conduct routine inspections of facility and safety equipment, including emergency
response inventory and general issue inventory. Document inspections according to
standardized safety guidelines and checklists provided.
- Maintain a continued presence in operational areas to review/inspect procedures and
activities for purposes of auditing/enforcing safety policy and acceptable operational
- Assist and control training delivery for onsite emergency response personnel to include
Fire Brigade, Hazmat team, Confined Rescue Team, and Medical responders
- Administer, Order, Inventory, and Issue the use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Conducts formal investigations, JHA’s, PSSR, etc. and coordinates resolutions with
- Completes required and requested logs and graphs such as OSHA 300/300A, safety and
injury data and has the ability to present in Excel and PowerPoint to Executive
- Completes and Presents research on OSHA Regs, NFPA, etc in regards to Chemicals,
Industrial Manufacturing, etc.
- Perform clerical and administrative functions related to assigned tasks, including printing,
copying, label making, filing, note taking, and posting.
- 3V Sigma is a chemical manufacturing plant site and the environment and hazards are
associated as such.
- Frequent Standing, Walking, Bending, Stair Climbing
- Occasional movement of bulky/weighted equipment from 50-100lbs
- Frequent Exposure to environmental temperatures and conditions
- Frequent use of respiratory protection, and or elevated levels of PPE
- Able to respond to emergencies during normal and irregular times (weekends/nights)
- Current and Valid US Driver’s License
- CPR FIRST AID CERTIFICATION
Certifications/Licenses/Registrations – Must have or have the ability to readily obtain
- Forklift Operator’s License
- OSHA 40
- AUDIOMETRIC/ SPRIOMETRY (PFT)
- EMERGENCY REPONSE TEAM – FIRE BRIGADE, CONFINED SPACE, FIRST
- EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY: To be considered for employment you must be
legally authorized to work in the United States for any employer and you will not require
employment visa sponsorship now or in the future
Brandon McClellan, SHRM-CP
Human Resources Manager